Winter is coming! There’s a lot you can do around your home to get ready for winter that will keep your family safe, warm, healthy – and even save you money!
Winterize Your Home
There are many things you can do to make your home healthier and more energy-efficient. Not only will it keep your house warmer, it will save you money. A few include:
- Seal any gaps around windows and doors
- Check out our tips on keeping your indoor air pure during winter.
- Replace worn-out insulation.
- Run your ceiling fans in reverse to push warm air back down into the room.
- Install storm windows.
Focus on Immune Support
With increased travel and more stress this time of year, illnesses tend to increase. Boost your immune system to reduce your risk of catching those winter bugs.
- Probiotic supplements and foods like yogurt, kefir and kombucha support healthy gut flora necessary for immune function.
- Wash your hands often to prevent the spread of germs and clip your children’s nails to reduce the hiding places for dirt.
- Be sure to get plenty of sleep. Your body needs to recharge in order to have the strength to ward off illness.
Check out our other tips on how to support your immune system naturally.
Get Your Car Ready for Winter
Safe winter travel starts with preparing your car:
- Perform a tune-up, replacing all fluids and ensuring that your tires will last all winter.
- Keep a spare tire, jack, and jumper cables in your car.
- Replace your car’s battery if necessary.
- Keep a winter survival kit in your car: include a flashlight, food, blankets, water, and any medications your family needs.
Following these tips for your home, health, and travel will help you have a safe, healthy winter – enjoy!
May Every Step You Take Be Healthy!