A clean home is a healthier home, but you don’t have to spend every spare minute you have scrubbing, washing, and picking up to keep your home orderly and sanitary! Save time on your way to a less toxic home with these time saving tips.
- Clean your dryer lint filter. Not only is lint build-up an enormous fire hazard, it also prolongs your drying time quite a bit. Cut your drying time! Wash the screen thouroughly (especially if you use dryer sheets or fabric softener, which can build up). I also don’t recommend dryer sheets for anyone with allergies. Use a discarded toothbrush or small brush with longer handle to reach down in the lint trap compartment and remove as much as you can. You’ll be shocked at how much is in there!
- Set a timer. Maybe cleaning isn’t your favorite chore – so you let things build up and pile up until you have a full day’s work on your hands. Instead of letting things get out of control, set a timer for just 20 minutes and do a pick-up-wipe-down as fast as you can. You can really get a lot done in that short amount of time! You can even get your kids involved – It’s a fun challenge to try to beat the clock.
De-clutter. Just get rid of stuff! The less stuff you have, the less you have to clean and organize and constantly be picking up. Let’s face it – we all have stuff around our house we don’t really use or need, or sometimes multiple versions of the same thing. (Does anyone really need 6 pairs of scissors?) If it isn’t useful or sentimental to you – ditch it. Only keep things around that you really love. We organized our pantry and realized we were spending too much at the grocery store on duplicate items.
- Go paperless. Whenever you get the opportunity, opt for online billing and subscriptions. Paper clutter can be one of the fastest things to pile up around the home – if you bring in less to begin with, you’ll be able to spend less time going through it all and shuffling it around.
- And of course… the first step toward a healthy cleaner home starts at the door. Trap dirt and toxins at the door with Dr. Doormat! When you wipe your feet on our antimicrobial treated doormat, you’ll bring in less dirt and filth in the first place – so you can spend less time cleaning it up!
- School is almost out, what are you doing with all of those great works of art from your kids? Time to clean up. Try scanning them onto your computer or take a photo if it’s too big and then drag into a beautiful scrapbook. This will clear the walls and preserve their efforts in a lovely memory book forever.
While cleaning your home won’t stop with these time-saving tips, they will get you ahead a little bit and make it easier to stay on top of things. The bottom line? Clean as you go, and keep as much clutter as possible out of your home to make organizing and sanitizing surfaces much more simple.
May Every Step You Take Be Healthy!