It’s hard to believe, but another school year is here. It’s the time of year when we settle into a fresh routine, full of beginnings.
It’s obvious that the new school year is a fresh start for kids as they settle into a new classroom and make new friends. But it’s actually a great time for reinvention and goal-setting for moms, too!
Don’t wait until the New Year to go after what you want – now is a great time to start.
Setting Effective Goals
There are a few tried-and-true steps you can take to set effective goals.
- Write them down! Studies repeatedly show that writing down goals vastly increases the odds of success.
- Get clear on where you want to be. Want to be healthier? Define what that means to you, whether it’s a weight loss goal or having more energy.
- Break your goal into actionable steps and build habits that will get you there. Leading off of the same example, if your goal is to have more energy, build habits into your daily routine like exercise, drinking fresh juice, and getting to bed on time each night.
- Remind yourself of your goals daily. Often, life gets in the way of the things we want to accomplish and we let our goals fizzle out. To avoid this, place reminders to yourself where you will see them each day. Notes on your bathroom mirror, or in your car are a great idea.
- Set yourself up for success. Using the power of momentum to achieve your goals is so helpful. An example of this is taking the first step toward doing what it takes to meet your goals. For example, if you want to work out every day, commit to dressing in your workout gear and driving to the gym. Tell yourself that if you get there, and still don’t feel like a workout, you can leave. Chances are that you will already be invested by the time you show up and follow through with what you set out to do.
What goals are you setting this fall? Are you getting up earlier? Taking more time for yourself? Being more involved at school? I want to know!
May Every Step You Take Be Healthy!