We all know that in order to be healthy, we need to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. But when it comes to the water supply in various parts of the world, some is much safer and healthier to drink than others. Have you ever considered what might be in the water that comes from your tap?
Read on to learn how to assess your water safety and improve the drinking water in your home if necessary.
What’s In Your Water?
The best way to determine how safe the water in your home is is to purchase a water testing kit. They’re very inexpensive and test for all kinds of impurities:
- chemical content
- ideal pH level
Improving Your Water Source
There are a number of ways you can go about improving the quality of the water your family has access to, on a range of budgets:
- Purchase bottled water for drinking. It’s not eco-friendly, but in some cases the water quality might be better than what’s otherwise available.
- Purchase a filtered water pitcher or container for drinking. This is a worthwhile solution for filtering out minor impurities.
- Keep a Big Berkey water purifier. Popular with the “prepper” community, these systems can make even some of the dirtiest water drinkable. They are an investment, but one that is worth it.
- Install filters on all your taps. They’ll filter out impurities right from the sink.
- Install a whole-house water filtration system. Another large investment, this type of filter uses charcoal to filter out impurities and toxins to give you pure water from all your taps and faucets.
Ensuring safe, clean drinking water for your family is one of the most important things you can do for their health. Don’t delay – find out what’s really coming out of your pipes.
May Every Step You Take Be Healthy!