You go to the gym or health club to stay healthy – but it doesn’t really work out that way when you’re picking up all kinds of germs and bringing them home with you. As the weather cools down, many of us are getting back to the gyms and health spas to get our exercise in. Here are a few tips for avoiding germs and illnesses!
- Choose wisely. Be sure the gym or health club you’re frequenting is up to safety standards. It should be clean, well-maintained, and well-ventilated.
- Bring your own gear. Working out with a friend is incredibly motivating – but don’t share gear. It’s just not sanitary.
- Wear your shoes. Don’t go barefoot – you never know what kind of foot fungi are lurking on the floor! You can get shower shoes to wear more comfortably in the shower or sauna.
- Disinfect. Bring hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes to wipe down equipment before you use it.
- Bring your own water. Filling up at the water fountain might put more than just H2O into your water bottle. Bring your own to keep the guesswork out.
- Arrive home safely. As always, wipe your feet on Dr. Doormat upon arriving home and toss your gym clothes right in the wash!
Don’t let the gym make you sick – you’re there to stay healthy, after all!
May Every Step You Take Be Healthy!